When the external hard drive malfunctions or the stored data become inaccessible then external hard drive is said to be dead. There are number of reasons due to which hard drive become dead and some of the reasons are exposure to water and fire, high magnetic field, environmental contamination and so on. Under such condition, you are looking for methods in order to perform data recovery from dead external hard disk. Follow below mentioned steps to recover data from external hard drive:
- First thing, you can do is to check the data cable whether it is working or not. Check on another system in order to access external hard drive.
- Sometimes due to external hard drive’s controller, user is unable to access external hard drive. Replace external hard drive controller and check whether it is working.
- If both the steps are not working then employ software to recover data from dead external hard drive. Using Remo Recover tool, it is possible to recover data from dead external hard drive as well as formatted, reformatted and corrupted external hard drive.
Advanced features of Remo Recover software
- This software consists of advanced algorithms that scan entire external hard drive and recovers different file format such as songs, images, videos, compressed file, PSD, PDF, etc.
- Apart from external hard drive, you can also recover files from hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card (SD card, XD card, SDXC card, SDHC card, miniSD card and microSD card).
- You can restore a deleted folder from the external hard drive or an entire partition.
- It recovers files from different brands of external hard drives like SanDisk, Toshiba, Kingston, Buffalo, Transcend, etc. It supports data recovery from various hard drive file systems such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and EXFAT.
- Save Recovery Session is a special feature of Remo Recover tool that allows user to recover resume recovery process anytime. Technical support executive is available to guide users while recovering files from external hard drive.
Common reasons due to which external hard drive become dead
- Accidental damage of hard drive
- Harmful virus or malware attack
- Physical damage in external hard drive
- Logical failure like corruption of file structure
Just employ above mentioned software in all of the above mentioned scenarios to recover data from dead external hard drive. This software is compatible on all the versions of Windows and Mac based operating systems.
Some of the precautionary measures to avoid such scenarios
- Prepare backup of all important files from external drive on Google drive
- Check your external drive before formatting so that you can minimize data loss scenarios